Note: Prior to the Forum, participating scholars were asked to respond to several questions related to changing approaches and paradigms in their fields of study. Click on each section to view scholar's answers.
- Introductory Essay from Cemil Aydin, Principal Investigator
- In what ways has the paradigm of golden age and decline dominated the historiography of Muslim regions in the period from 1300-1900 CE, and how has this paradigm been detrimental?
- How does your work contribute to challenging this paradigm?
- How can this period be re-conceptualized in order to more accurately portray important features of the history of global modernity?
- What new frameworks can be applied to the study of this period in your area of specialization?
- Would you say that elements of and contributions to global modernity emerged within Muslim Empires and through interactions with other societies from 1300-1900? What were some of these elements and contributions?